Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother Banned For Posting Photos of Baby; Now Images Go Viral Scam


 I become so agitated when I see post like this on Face Book. This Mother had their photo copied from Facebook to be used in a fake post. The image below is self-explanatory, but it has 66,000 Likes and almost 500,000 Shares!! I just don't get it; why do people do this sort of thing?  Likers and Sharers are just as guilty in my opinion. Haven't these people learned how to Google? If researching before sharing posts is too complicated or time consuming, then how about at least reading the comments on the original post. Most likely, scrolling the comment section under any given post, will clue you in to it's authenticity. Otherwise do not pass on this false information by Liking, or Sharing.

I see these types of viral images every single day on Facebook and work hard to prove or disprove them at www.facebookviralimagessolved.blogspot.com because the madness needs to stop.

The true story of this Mother and her infant, is that her newborn baby passed only eight hours after being born on February 15, 2012. She posted the photos to share with family and friends as a memorial to her precious child. I am thinking that possibly enough people clicked that little "report image" link that Facebook heeded the request and removed the image. When the Mother continued to re-posted the photos, her account was eventually closed. The news story can be seen here
Facebook bans mother for posting photos of baby with birth defec - KCTV5

I am not sure as to the current post that is traveling through the Newsfeeds on Facebook (publicly) But it looks like some scam or scheme to gain sympathy for this made-up accident in which to gain monetarily and that sickens me. Hasn't this family has been through enough already?
 To conclude: Although it's only been 2 years or so since this family endured such a loss, I wish them the best. Rest in Peace baby Grayson.

2 comments:

  1. This is appalling. It amazes me and disgusts me how many people can share some blame here for this tragedy. It's like tragedy multiplied by 3 and I am sickened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete